Current Class Offerings - 2018
CASEE Center, Building B, Rm. 206
11104 NE 149th Street
Brush Prairie WA 98606
- Our classes are approved for Master Gardener Continuing Education Credit
- Classes may be held partially or completely in Wildlife Botanical Gardens, please dress appropriately for weather.
March 17, 2018
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Presented by Allen Wilson, Retired Professor of Landscape Horticulture
What do you want your plants to look like after they regrow following pruning? We will discuss and illustrate the principles of natural pruning. The focus will be on what to expect from making different kinds of pruning cuts to preserve the natural shape and density of plants.
After the classroom presentation we will go outside in small groups to practice newly learned principles on plants in the garden. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
Bring your hand pruners and if possible loppers and pruning saws that we can share.
Give More 24! Aims to Raise $1 Million for Area Nonprofits
September 21st, 2017
Southwest Washington's fourth annual day of online giving is planned for Thursday, September 21. The event, called Give More 24! runs from midnight to midnight and encourages local residents to donate online at give-more-24.org. Those who wish to give during the 24-hour event can choose to support any of the 132 participating nonprofits, which are categorized into ten broad cause areas: animals, arts and culture, community improvement, education, environment, health, housing, hunger, social services and youth development.
PERENNIAL, BULB & SEED SWAP
September 23, 2017
Sharing Plants Growing Friends Rain or Shine
- Perennials & bulbs should be potted or in sturdy plastic bags
- Fresh collected seeds in individual envelopes or baggies by variety
- Viable store bought seed packets
- Label items as well as possible (i.e. botanical or common name, size, sun/shade, wet/dry, bloom time, plant height)
- Plants should be well watered and pest free
- Please NO invasive plants
- Bring cardboard boxes, flats or grocery bags to take home plants
Master Composter/Recycler Classes at the Wildlife Botanical Gardens Compost Site
Register for these free workshops at columbiasprings.org/mcr/classes.html