Current Class Offerings - 2018
CASEE Center, Building B, Rm. 206
11104 NE 149th Street
Brush Prairie WA 98606
- Our classes are approved for Master Gardener Continuing Education Credit
- Classes may be held partially or completely in Wildlife Botanical Gardens, please dress appropriately for weather.
International Herbal Adventure
June 16, 2018
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Presented by: Erin Harwood and Eloyce O'Connor Co-Owners of Garden Delights Herb Farm
Take a Culinary Herbal World Tour! Join us on a lively international adventure to regions around the world. What are the differences between herbs and spices--let's find out. Tempt your taste buds with combinations of herbs and spices that may be unfamiliar. Learn which herbs you might grow and get local resources for herb and spices to make your own combinations. We will use taste and smell to explore herbal preferences from around the world!
Living Walls & Vertical Gardening
July 21, 2018
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Presented by: Nicole Forbes, Events & Education Coordinator Dennis' Seven Dees
Limited space for gardening or just want to try something new? Learn how easy and fun it is to work with drought tolerant or semi-epiphytic (air) plants to create a beautiful vertical garden. We will demonstrate several different styles of vertical gardening containers and discuss what makes the most successful plant combinations for long lasting beauty. Planting techniques and maintenance tips will also be discussed.
Give More 24! Aims to Raise $1 Million for Area Nonprofits
September 21st, 2017
Southwest Washington's fourth annual day of online giving is planned for Thursday, September 21. The event, called Give More 24! runs from midnight to midnight and encourages local residents to donate online at give-more-24.org. Those who wish to give during the 24-hour event can choose to support any of the 132 participating nonprofits, which are categorized into ten broad cause areas: animals, arts and culture, community improvement, education, environment, health, housing, hunger, social services and youth development.
PERENNIAL, BULB & SEED SWAP
September 23, 2017
Sharing Plants Growing Friends Rain or Shine
- Perennials & bulbs should be potted or in sturdy plastic bags
- Fresh collected seeds in individual envelopes or baggies by variety
- Viable store bought seed packets
- Label items as well as possible (i.e. botanical or common name, size, sun/shade, wet/dry, bloom time, plant height)
- Plants should be well watered and pest free
- Please NO invasive plants
- Bring cardboard boxes, flats or grocery bags to take home plants
Master Composter/Recycler Classes at the Wildlife Botanical Gardens Compost Site
Register for these free workshops at