Garden Maintenance: garden work parties are scheduled every Tuesday and Saturday mornings (except in very poor weather). Tasks include basic gardening chores such as: weeding, raking, pruning, planting, shoveling, etc., as you desire and your physical abilities allow. Volunteer weekly, bi-weekly, or occasionally as your schedule allows. HAVE FUN! No previous experience required, training provided.
Supervisor: On-Site Garden Coordinator
Qualifications: Love of gardening and wildlife.
- Oversee & maintain one of the individual theme Gardens.
- Follow Naturescaping Mission and Goals for your Garden.
- Manage your Garden according to Naturescaping sustainability principles.
- Attend to your Garden area on a weekly basis.
Garden Coordinator Tasks/Duties:
- Supervise, teach and encourage volunteers that work in your Garden
- Select any replacement plants as needed and supervise planting
- Work as part of the coordinator team
- When possible, attend the monthly board meetings
- Help the team with our annual bare root fundraiser sale and other events that benefit NatureScaping of SW Washington.
- Fill in for your Garden Co-Coordinator when he/she is not available
- Love for Gardening and wildlife.
- Be self directed AND able to work as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of plants and their needs.
- Willingness to follow landscape guidelines for your theme Garden.
- Schedule that permits regular upkeep of your Garden.
- Ability to work alongside Garden Volunteers, teaching and encouraging them.
- At least six months steady work as a Garden Volunteer (Contingent on previous experience/training).
- Long-term commitment.
Maintenance & Operations Coordinators:
We are looking for a dedicated team of Maintenance and Operations volunteers. Skills needed: minor equipment repair, some knowledge of irrigation systems; experienced at operating equipment such as tractor with bucket, lawnmower and chipper; electrical skills; basic gardening skills, ability to get along well with a wide variety of adults, good verbal communication skills, and good sense of humor. If you don’t have all of the above skills, that’s okay…apply anyway! Average commitment of time is 6 to 10 hours/week.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
We have special volunteer opportunities available. We have ongoing service projects for individuals, students and other groups interested in community service projects to maintain and improve the gardens.
For more information about volunteering, contact us at 360-737-1160 or