Aaron Krieger, Owner of AK Timber Services LLC.
Aaron is an ISA Certified Arborist as well as TRAQ qualified and he will be going over the types of pruning and why they are needed.
- Dead wooding – Pruning to remove dead, dying, and decaying branches only
- Thinning – This type of pruning is used to thin out the trees canopy. Thinning allows air and wind to pass through the tree, reducing the risk of falling or branches breaking in storms. It also allows sunlight to reach the plants and grass below and air to flow freely between the branches.
- Raise canopy – Trimming a tree in this way removes the bottom branches to raise the trees canopy. This would be done to remove an obstruction raise a tree above a walkway or driveway or to allow sunlight to reach grass and plants below the tree.
- Canopy cleaning – A climber removes all dead, dying, or decaying wood, removes all sucker and sprout growth in the canopy, and removes branches to maintain the trees natural form or direct growth.
- Fruit tree pruning – best times (seasons) to prune, how to prune to secure fruit production
We are partnering again with the Camas Library as hosts for this online class using Zoom. For registration, please use the link below. Registration confirmations will be emailed along with the link to the class.